Wednesday, June 20, 2012

80% and 20% to go!

This morning after I woke up and took a few pictures, after spending several hours with a dear friend searching for some unique add patio-licious pieces for the space I hit all the hardware stores and shopping malls hard! I was determined to move my 50% completion to almost, if not completely done! The finds? I found a banana fiber rug regular 45$ discounted that came to a tiny 30$ after tax! If that doesn’t excite you like it excites me... I also added some throw pillows and finally started to pot the morning glories that this morning were looking so sad.

So this morning, after adding a few things here and there – we also got some awesome patio furniture from a garage sale! That’s another story.  Ok, ok. So this morning (after sipping my coffee to the lovely Ella Fitzgerald) our patio looked like this:

After some plants and a bit of TLC and some throw cushions it looked like this:

Notice the difference? So what do we have left.... well if you can see on the picture I’ve marked out some wall space with chalk were some picture frames need to go, I also need to spray paint the old chair, find some lanterns and get a pendant light to hang. As well as finish staining the side wall... wash the whole balcony down and drink sufficiently. So how long can that take? Who knows! Only more bargain shops and thrift stores can answer that question.
Let’s bask in the effort of a job well done. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment