Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back To Black

After a short absence and a beautiful trip through Europe we are back in action! We are ready to continue the balcony, phase II (notice how I used roman numerals to look more official?) of the massive balcony overhaul – the budget 500$! Can we complete it.... let’s hope so!



Now just before I get all Home and Gardens on you! I’ll just quickly go through some of my favorite parts of our euro extravaganza! We started in Amsterdam, a beautiful and really bustling place our favorite part of that country (not the reefer) was that they used bikes instead of cars! After a few days in Amsterdam we set our way to Paris... which after being there for the 5 days that we were I wanted more than anything to reconsider our balcony and do it French style! We spent the weeks after that travelling to Greece, London and Italy all of which took our breath away. The one place that we recommend everyone go see at least once in their life is Positano which was a revelation of dramatic cliffs and beautiful sea side restaurants!



Ok, ok back to the task at hand Mike. For those of you who know me, even while I was in Europe with my boyfriend I dreamt of amazing ideas for the balcony... and right when I got off the plane the first thing I said to Rhys was “I need to pick up spray paint tomorrow”. Why? So that I could begin the next phase of the patio which meant painting the old grey planter to a hot black!
BEFORE

AFTER



Just coming back from holidays I’m still a little not with the times (seeing as I actually don’t have any before or after pictures) which lead to another fun accident – dropping the paint thinner all over the kitchen floor... nothing like the aroma of paint thinner to really clear out the house. All in all we are on our way! Continuing on with Phase II we are starting to make the balcony sectional, BY HAND! I have a good feeling about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment