Friday, December 9, 2011

The Golden Glow

Another great week behind us, with the lovely creation of gift tags (click here to read) and the additional heat for this cold winter (click here to read) I can say that this weekend was as smooth as ice (and I can say that because I have fallen yet again outside a starbucks).
For the past few weeks I’ve been slowly adding new ornaments to the tree, a few here... a few there (only on 30%-60% off of course!) To give it this heavenly glow...

So here are a few of the additions to our fabulous tree! The bird was found at Michaels this past weekend for only 7.00$ (regular 14.00$)! We fell in love with it because it was different and had a very beautiful glow (plus it’s angry bird qualities helped a bit).

Once we had found the bird we were off, I was able to find the following ornaments only a few days later. I found a set of golden glass ornaments 2.95 for all three because one had broken at home sense and I was also able to find some large ornaments in gold that had a unique family heritage feel.

The last one that I purchased (or last 10 I purchased) I’m not sure why I fell instantly in love... it reminded me of my mom back in Saskatchewan, The sparkly heart of gold, the glimmering crystal underneath it. It was delicate modern and old fashion at the same time and gave me a nostalgic feeling of home.

As I relax here looking at the hard work of the week paying off, the new ornaments nestling into their tree family... The presents wrapped and placed under the tree gently with care. I remind myself that there is only 15 more days till Christmas! Let’s get crackin!

No comments:

Post a Comment