Saturday, February 11, 2012

A few months in passing...

It's been a few weeks since my last blog! Alas, an aweful cold has stricken me down and won't let me get up! I wanted to share some of the progress of then new bedroom with all of you while I'm feeling slightly better.

Now as most of you know I have been searching (for what seems like forever) the perfect dresser that I could spiffy up to make just as cool as the night stands! (click here to see the re-vamp of thoses babies!)


I had been hitting the Kijiji website, and craigslist hard, every day I would wake up and look with no luck. There was one dresser (sadly no photo) that I loved but was unable to get before they had sold it to someone else...  but like all good things that come to those who wait, I had found the identical 9 drawer dresser that matched my awesome 1960's night stands. With a little luck the woman selling the item had said she would keep it till the weekend for me! Ready to see it? Here it goes....

This dresser rocks my socks! Finally a place to put all of my books, movies, and anything else that will fit into these drawers (Although drawer organization was never my strong point!).

So of course right when I got home, I began to sand away... not to long into my sanding job I did realize that I didn't have any paint or glue to mend some of the broken drawers. So off to home depot I went; however, being sick and having to take our subway 30 min away from home to walk another 20 in -20 weather isn't my exact idea of a good time. I lead on, coming back with my gorilla glue, paint and brushes. When I got home I went right to work!


Ahh the mess... well if you think this is bad you should see the bedroom :) That's what happens when excitment breaks out in the house - chaos follows. Well, only the first priming layer is done! Back to the grind stone!


For those of you who are just joining us guyonthe-move is updated every monday, wednesday and friday with fantastic tips and cool tricks to keeping your home modern at a frugal price!

No comments:

Post a Comment