Friday, May 3, 2013

A Brilliant Suprise - Birthday!

Is it just me or does Friday just come so fast sometimes? Spring is in the air here, warm +18 weather... I mean the grass is brown the trees are brown.... but it's just waiting a bit of mother natures renewal.

This week something very special has happened, Karen has had a birthday (**insert crying** "I remember when she was just a little girl). Of course we aren't celebrating it really until much later in the week (tomorrow actually) but I remember years ago my father saying something very wise to me "Son" he said "Never forget a ladies birthday" the conversation did go on a bit father, but roughly it was far better and easier to just remember it. So that's what I did, I knew Karens birthday was coming up -- and have been on a bit of a tight budget saving up for our trip to Germany -- so I wanted to add a little TLC to this operation. I rushed to a few stores, made some hand made banner triangles by cutting them out of regular paper and add some fun letters.


I just used some colourful blue sharpies that were in my bag to create the awesome penmanship if I do say so myself on these little signs here (as you can see the paper flower in all its glory sitting beside!).



I know I've been spreading word about an upcoming surprise that's not too far off. And yes I am about to share it with you. (are you ready?)

About a month ago I had sketched out some ideas for a design to make our space have a second separate bedroom. Of course as most of you know we live in a large spacious one bedroom -- our reason for not moving? We like a challenge... and well, lets just say we've grown accustom to this space. So I had drawn up some fabulous plans to build a wall made of frames and fabric in the living room, that would add a special allure to the room and give that extra privacy that Karen deserves. -- Which lead to Karens fabulous ideas as well of creating a spacious nook that could be altered on a moments notice. The design that we'd be using would look like this:


I promise the outcome will be a little straighter, I didn't use a ruler. Bad llama. But the centers would be fabric, and the rails will be stained wood. Fabulous right?


The whole idea is that these will naturally support themselves with the roof and walls without screws or any damage to the space (we want our deposit back!) so without further delay we are going to start on this project ASAP! Karen and I were both surprised that it took us so long to finally do something out this, but now that we are finally getting out there and making that change we are both very much excited! One, Two, Three GO!

Guy on the move gets updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. -- Why? It's because we are in absolute love with these days! We are perhaps having a dance party every time we load a post.... true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment