Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Long Weekend Discount!

Remember how I told you it was going to be a good day shopping? It wasn’t just good it was great! Both Rhys and I woke up early in the morning and put our noses straight to the grind stone (the shopping grind stone that is). At first we went to home sense and located a decent semi floral duvet cover that was classic, just black and white... but when I first picked it up, it wasn’t “love at first sight” in fact I couldn’t think of weather I liked it or not. Of course like any thrifty mastermind, I hid it in the back just in case I wanted to come back at a later date to snatch it up.
Two home sense stores, an urban barn and a pier one later I found myself at yet another.... urban barn. The love for urban barn came to me a few years when I fell in love with a small delicate lamp, ever since that lamp I’ve faithfully, occasionally, sometimes went to urban barn to look at their wide selection of modern objects to see if anything fit into the unique style I Was beginning to call my own. It was there at a “Clearance” sign that I found the perfect duvet cover, and it was instant love. 69.99 wasn’t a bad price, although it was a little steeper than I had wanted my bed spread to be it was a lovely style that I felt fit the idea I’ve always had of my bedroom, as they rang it in the till up front I heard an even lovelier sound; “oh it’s clearance, it’s an extra 30% off today” To bring the total price to (drum roll please) 49 dollars (Canadian dollars!), with that exceptional pricing I walked out of that store with a dumbstruck smile.
Several hours later, a coffee, and my boyfriends much patient patience we came to our last stop before we would call it a day. Keep in mind at this time I was equally frustrated, I had no side tables... and no bed sheets. Just my awesomely thrifty bed spread (did I mention it was 49$?) As we walked into Home Outfitters, I felt the good feeling I had felt this morning when I walked into the first store we were at. We walked down every isle, then just as I was about to go out of bedding and into the beyond (wait wrong store) Rhys ushered me over to the sheet section, the perfect set of delicate white sheets (400 thread count) with a discount sticker on them, 29.99 which just so happened to be around my price range. We pranced towards the exit (I had to get this deal while it still lasted! It was almost too good to be true!) As the sales woman rang us through the till I heard the loveliest sound “Oh all red tagged items are 30% off today!” With that it brought the total price down to 22 $ (still Canadian dollars).
There is nothing in this world quite like finding the perfect bed spread at 50% off and then getting it to the till just to realize that you’re going to get an extra 30% off your purchase and when things of this magnitude happen with two separate purchases at two different stores? A celebration must take place! A celebration of making the half way almost perfect bed!
We still haven’t chosen the accent colour yet (hence the lack of the throw pillows) but we are off to the right start! Here’s a grand total for today’s amazing finds!
   49$ Tree branch Duvet cover (Urban Barn)
+ 22$ 400 count white cotton sheet set (Home Outfitters)
   71$ Total!
-315$ Total Budget left (after the silhouette dog picture)
  244$ left! Doing pretty great I’d say 

No comments:

Post a Comment