Monday, September 19, 2011

A nightstand to remember

What a great weekend! I hope you all had an amazing weekend. Rhys and I once again put our noses to the grind stone and shopped till we dropped (well, that's not overly true- we shopped until we took mini hydration breaks at Starbucks) Surprisingly this weekend our great finds were not at garage sales, or stores alike they were actually local kijiji finds!

Look at these beauties:

Of course they house a pretty great sense of 1970's vintage. However it is my desire to unfold an even awesomer (which is obviously not a word... but it should be) to transform these modern looking end tables into a french inspired masterpiece!

So after getting home and thinking of all the wonderful things I could do with the night stands I decided to have a romantic evening with just us three.

So all in all I'm pretty excited with my find, the pair came to a grand total of 70$ cash. Not exactly as thrifty as I had wanted, but a price that I could live with. A few obstacles came up after the purchase though (it's sad when it's not 100% perfect) the core is compressed wood... which means some trouble shooting on my part. The plan was to paint the night stands and add suitable hardware so hopefully after much researching live will be grand once more!

And yes that is my hideous router hiding so secretly underneath! Problem number .... well a problem yet to solve! Not to worry my fellow readers and blogger alike! I have one thing that will transform the way these shelves are viewed! Inspiration; Karen and glue (Karen's my fabulous roommate!) And so we are off for another evening... searching for the perfect way to re-beautify these great night stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment