Thursday, September 15, 2011

RESTORATION

In Alberta right now, the leaves are falling, the sky is getting darker and once more all of us Canadians set in to what I like to call "hibernation". The last few weekends I've been trolling every yard sale, discount mall and shopping center hoping to find something that I can add to my room.

After reading some other articles of home renovation and the length that some people wait for there night stands (check out www.younghouselove.com) I can't help but feel that I myself am a little stressed at the end date (which is odd because usually I'm stressed about money at this time of year) so with a firm grasp on reality and a tight budget I went for some "inspiration" shopping: where all people go when they have no money and want to oogle nice things. RESTORATION HARDWARE.


Somehow discount shopping seems a lot like Christmas morning to me, lots of things are happening and there is an end result but through the chaos you have no idea whats happening at all at the best of times. I love this picture of the bathroom, who doesn't want a chaise lounge in the bathroom? I mean at best of times sometimes I'd like to take a nap while in there so I bring to this picture the "why not" wording....if you have the money ________ <- well you can fill that in



This little lamp was by far one of my favorite pieces in the store (investment piece?) Although I must admit it's a bit out of my budget (or a few thousand out of my budget) at a whopping 1399.00 I can imagine the owner of this beautiful lamp that houses a unique nautical nostalgia as well as a classic look (my heart will go on?)


.... and finally the beautiful dining room. Of course leaving the store didn't so much give me a feeling of being inspired as much as it gave me a feeling of being poor. But fear not dear readers! I stick my hands in the air (much like super man... or your local crazy hobo on the street) and I say! "it is in times of budget we truly find ourselves" or at least... a balance between what we need, and what we want!

No comments:

Post a Comment