Friday, December 6, 2013

The Twelve Days Of Christmas: Day 3

The last few weeks I've been writing a list of all the things in my life that I am grateful for. After all Christmas is a wonderful time to reflect on the positive things or people in your life. This year I completed all my upgrades, I've been able to get closer to some of the most amazing people in my life And I've also registered for some of my first University classes ever.. These are just a few of my favorite things.

At home right now the towels are flip flopping in the dryer, the room has been cleaned and I'm ready to have some of my dear friends over for a warm glass of mulled wine. It'll be a wonderful night, that will most likely end with a trip down memory lane and a nice black and white movie.

Just for the occasion I threw together this very cool wreath that I found online that I made out of old card stock and wrapping paper! Check this out for some holiday cheer!

So first things first, you just cut a wreath like circle.


Second step is to make sure the center of your beautiful circle is cut. It doesn't really matter what colour it is, the leaves will cover the wreath cut out very well. I also used just basic bristle board. Also I'm sure cardboard would work as well.


So once you've got that sorted out you just cut leaf shapes out, I didn't really follow a pattern I just randomly cut leaf shapes out.


I didn't take a picture of this last part but you curl the leaves and tape one end (that you will glue to the wreath like cardboard with a hot glue gun) and then you start gluing them like so:


The after one side is completed you'd go the opposite direction with the other side. And once you finish it will look something like this:


Not too shabby! And it cost next to nothing, all I used was wrapping paper, card stock and ribbon. All things that I already had, so it was a great way to use things that I already had purchased and wanted to recycle what was left over.

I did make the bow by hand and then glued it on with the hot glue gun to fill in the bald spot at the top.


And the final product perched on my window looks a little something like this:




Well! We can scratch that off the to do list this Christmas! Now I'm off to start prepping for a party tomorrow night, and some mulled wine tonight. That's one thing for sure, Christmas time is always a busy busy busy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment