Monday, December 9, 2013

The Twelve Days Of Christmas: Day 4

It's been cold here in Canada, this weekend I had literally walked 14 blocks in -35 weather carrying a Christmas tree for a friends holiday party. This weekend has proved to be very busy and quite wonderful.

Right now, I'm sitting in Starbucks across from Rhys while he study's for a medical exam; drinking my eggnog and reminding myself of the true meaning of Christmas. Which for me is the close relationships that I have with my friends, and the wonderful family I have supporting me through my life.

So you're probably asking yourself now -- What crazy thing am I going to do next? Well, we now have the tree up, the songs are playing in the background and I have the fireside candle burning. With that of course I couldn't help myself I had to start wrapping!

Ever since making that wreath last week (you can see that here) I decided to take the leftovers from leaf cutting -- a skill I can now say I have perfected and use them on my presents!

 
 
So I took the left over colours that I didn't use in my wreath -- which was mostly a mix of gold, brown and blue mixed with a pewter colour and then I placed them around a giant glittery diamond.
 



Wow. That looks a little bit small from here! That gift is larger than that I swear. Then what I did was use double sided photo tape (the photo tape has a stronger hold!) and put it on the less shinny side of the leaves and began to add them one by one to the package to create a starburst! After a good 20 min of hard work it looked a little something like this:


It turned out wonderfully! One thing I'll say about wrapping is that I love to get solid colours of gold and silver and add to them. Why? Simply because its easier to match to my tree and I can make a statement with each gift I wrap!

Another cool gifts wrapping idea is that I took a simple gold package and different gauged ribbon and wrapped them around the package like so:


I used a hot glue gun and simply placed the ribbon together creating a tight fit. This could be done with any number of glues but I find using a hot glue gun gives you the best results. Once I placed several ribbons and alternated the gauges throughout the process it looked a little something like this:


A beautiful package if I do say so myself! It's very clean cut and  really organized! -- Now, not all the packages are wrapped so elaborately underneath our tree, several of them have the basic 6-8 point bows and some loose satin sash bows. All in all its shaping up to be a wonderfully warm Christmas!


Off to the next project! -- and hopefully this next one will be tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment