Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Twelve Days Of Christmas: Day 7

I have something to confess to you. I made these cookies about 2 weeks ago... and yes... rather than pretend I did them yesterday I have to be upfront. Why? Because I ate so many... not just a little many.... like a lot many. The worst part is I only have shared maybe a total of 12. But I am going to share them with you my dear friends in hopes that you will have better luck than I am fighting the urge to eat all your cookies (or at least share enough so you don't look like jolly old St Nicolas by the end of the holidays season)

This year, I decided that rather than stress myself making 5-6 kinds of cookies and squares I would make only 3 types of cookies. My first selection was Sugar cookies... mostly because they are the ones my friends and family seem to eat the fastest (Rhys mom really loves them!). Second was shortbread because they are mine and Ginas favorite (you'll remember her from the fabulous redo of her apt, which you can see here!). And lastly a Christmas classic, I made gingerbread.

Every year I think of doing them all in one day which usually results in me getting overly tired and sometimes getting a bit Grumpy cat on everyone, which really isn't what Christmas is about. So this year I spread it out over one day, I baked the first day and would icing the next.


The first ones I tackled were the shortbread! Now if you've made whipped shortbread and used a cookie press you know what I'm talking about when I said -- some unholy person made that contraption to make me stressed out. Dear cookie press inventor -- you're my enemy. Yes the are pretty... yes they taste good... but at what cost? -- My sanity-- But you can bet your bottom dollar by next year I will have forgotten how awful it was and do it all over again.

Then I baked the gingerbread and sugar cookies -- oddly enough I didn't really take any picture of that as much as send singing videos to my moms Ipad while I baked (yes I love you guys enough to shield you from that).

Once I completed my cookies I had a good laugh over some Christmas humor:


Waking up the next morning and icing the cookies was by far the best thing I've ever done -- while rushing is nice. And I do like to get it all done at once and go about my life... I actually got to enjoy making them this year.


Once I got going it only took a few hours to get them all decorated and ready to serve to my friends and family (well... not yet I still haven't shared any). But I promise on this blog here and now I'll share some with Rhys mom!

But until then, I may be curled up with my favorite Christmas movie, some eggnog and cookies. I only have a little over 10 days to go till I'll be home at my parents... and then I can eat their cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment