Thursday, October 6, 2011

Free Art!

So my last post this week before we hit a wonderful time of year (Canada’s thanksgiving) has been dedicated to the photos that I’ve been trying to create all week. Ever since the “keep calm and carry on” posters began to be popular I’ve liked the idea of nostalgic feelings related to signs... I remember growing up and passing this one sign every year (it marked the halfway mark between our destinations). Being on a thrifty budget I decided to make my own art... I drew inspiration from two parts a regular street sign:

As well as the original “Keep Calm and Carry On” signs of the Second World War:
Too me, I wanted the signs to be where I had been, and where I was... a beautiful mesh of old and new, I took the street name of my very first apartment as well as the street intersection of my new spacious home. Creating the perfect feeling of home, Don’t believe me? Take a look for yourself here:

I used a simple Microsoft Power Point format and then transferred it to a different spread sheet while making it more narrow (which I feel gave it more of a clean look) all in all... not too bad for some free art!

No comments:

Post a Comment