Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The table is done! I repeat the table is done!

Last night as I was doing up the finishing layer of paint on the table (this was a secret) but I had found the perfect chairs. Vintage 1960’s with straight lines and curved backs, the perfect chair for this room in every way. We had secured the chairs, with an agreement to pick them up tomorrow that was until... my boyfriend called me as I waited for the last finishing layer to dry to tell me the most depressing of news “he sold them to someone else... someone who could pick them up sooner” and with a mixture of paint fumes and moist air I hung up the phone and began to cry. Yes. CRY. I sat there on the corner of my bed like a 5 year old school girl an sobbed into my hands... one can only assume that I caught PMS at work, or perhaps was over tired. Even now as I look back on what had happened I wonder – did the chairs mean that much?
We are now approaching the last 15 days of this event (time flys when you’re crying on the corner of your bed I tell ya!) I feel a little bit of a pinch here, still within the 320 budget I still have 2 chairs, a possible area rug and a cozy stool to get for the end of the bed. So lets all cross our fingers and hope that something better than those chairs come up.
Today’s blog is a simple one at that lets take a look at the before table:


And the after:







Turns out with a little elbow grease and some dedication you can turn even the oldest of bar tables into a shabby sheek bedroom table (chairs not included).

No comments:

Post a Comment