Friday, October 28, 2011

Relax... it's here

To be honest most of the beginning of this blog was me running aimlessly with my boyfriend Rhys patiently reminding me to relax. I’d run to homescense, freak out when they had 4 picture frames and I needed 12, or I’d run to the other homescense and freak out when the only had 1 lamp and I needed 2... and the list goes on and on... and somewhere along the way (please add a cup of coffee to my hand while I panic) I’ve adapted the song “relax” as a constant song that plays over and over while I shop. Does it provide therapy to my shopping experiences? No... not really... but it is a nice background theme song. Regardless... that’s not why I am typing at this exact moment.... oh no. Because right at the moment that I had given up, to hang up my hate an pay 300 large for 2 replica eames chairs something beautiful happened.

The Thonet Bentwood Chair


A designer by the named or Michael Thonet designed these bad boys in the mid 1800’s (which I guess makes this the oldest style in my room as of yet), it is said that this chair represents modern economy at it’s best with a simple and humble design. These chairs are said to have some of the most influential design in furniture to date. And here I am with two.
So if you haven’t guessed by this time, I have no intention of keeping them the wood colour they are, in fact I have every intention of painting them... to what colour is still unclear but one thing can be certain, at 10$ a pop... they are by far my thriftiest investment yet (investment pieces to you Karen).

No comments:

Post a Comment