Monday, April 22, 2013

Operation Hide the Mess: Part 1

So we went to Crate And Barrel this weekend, it was an amazing revelation of white dishware! Considering my new found love for white, off white, cream... did I mention white? I've always found white mixed with lights woods to be such a refreshing look. But yes, we went to Crate and Barrel and it took everything in my being not to spend an obscene amount of money on dishes I would never need (or at least not need presently).

Naturally, all weekend I was thinking what I could use in the bathroom... now I don't know if it's just me (hopefully its not.. that's always a bad sign) but I always feel that whenever I try to narrow down buying things for a room.. well I find things for every room but the one I'm trying to decorate.

Regardless! I shopped and I shopped (confessions of a shopaholic?) And I found some fabulous finds! Let me introduce to you.

Before:

 
 
After:
 


Naturally I'm not usually pro-bringing in the walls but in this case it was either... make more space to hide the disgrace (yes.. I just used a hockey song!) or embrace the thrifty find that is our new cabinet. I love the shaker style doors. Not so into the rest of the piece, it seems a bit boring. But we'll brain storm that later.

We also added that new white material shower curtain which we both LOVE. So what's gotta be done? Well we are in desperate need of some art... a bath mat.. and some interesting personality pieces to bring the space together. -- But I'll have to be patient.

Guy on the move gets updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. -- Why? It's because we are in absolute love with these days! We are perhaps having a dance party every time we load a post.... true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment