Monday, April 15, 2013

Pictures and Pie

With the weekend gone, and a new week here (and some fabulous finds if I do say so myself!) we'll be putting one lively step into the week.

The shelf has been completed --- That being said of course the first thing I did was rush out to fill those shelves with everything I could find --- Pottery Barn, IKEA, Homesense and Target here I come!

Lets talk about Art shall we? I'm in love with nostalgia and memories, as I'm sure are most people, that family reunion 4 years ago, or the trip we took to Europe... maybe it's that rainy day at home. We want our spaces to reflect the things that make us happy... which is why I chose this first piece of art (Not so much art as a postcard). We were about to take a train to the UK and we had the morning to spend sipping cafe's and taking in the city. We decided we had a bit more time on our hands than we realized so we went out and about to stumble across this gem. The French Opera House, I remember looking up at it, the copper roofs gleaming, the scent of a newly fallen rain and to me that was Paris -- so naturally we went inside and explored the grand staircases, the dark mood lite hallways. And this ladies and gentlemen is my first piece of art on our wall.



The week before I had come across a print design that I just loved! This was so simple to do, I used Microsoft Word used a colourful back round and typed in words that I felt described our home. The cool thing is that you can change it out... for every season if you wanted! It's frugal, and fabulous!



I'm not sure if it was everyone's mom (or just mine!) that had bird paintings... but I decided to indulge myself in a little nostalgia from EBAY. When I was younger my mother had this beautiful mirror with two soft coloured bird paintings on each side, I just loved it. Of course finding something like that I'm sure would be impossible, but I went searching for a touch of spring and found "Indigo Bunting" -- It was love at first sight --


Which brings me to my last photo that I will share with you.... I've always placed a picture of my parents somewhere. It's hard to believe that they had children at my age (but beyond that scary fact) it reminds me how important they are and every time I see them I cannot help but smile.





With all the hustle and bustle of the weekend I did have time to do one delightful event with one of my dear friends -- something that reminds me of home -- and that was to make a delicious apple tart. So off we go into our work weeks! I'm excited to share some wonderful finds with you on Wednesday! Until then, lets all have a slice of pie :)
 

 
Guy on the move gets updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. -- Why? It's because we are in absolute love with these days! We are perhaps having a dance party every time we load a post.... true story.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Mike! Love the art and love the apple pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Come on Over for a slice :) XO -Mike

      Delete