Friday, April 12, 2013

Operation Painting Shelves Completed!

It's Friday! Nothing says happy weekend like a good few days off -- or if you're like me you will probably be working on your "love shack" -- insert B-52 Music here.

After many layers of paint, on both the shelves and my hair/clothes (I'm not a gifted painter), we are about to do the big reveal on the project that could have been done in a few days - or if you like to spread it out a bit -- a week. One thing to keep in mind that I have not mentioned yet.... while our newly painted surface rocks (hug yourself you did a great job!) we need to let it set... now... I'm impatient, I know this because growing up my mother told me I was and it's trickled into my adult life. For the best results and the strongest finish you should let it sit for 30 days. If you are like me and impatient you can place a fan directly at it, and then use it in a week.... at your own risk of course.

So lets take a look some of the before pictures:




Some Progress:





And finally.... the wonderful after pictures (The seven days aren't over yet... so I must be patient-- even though I really really really want to style them bad boys)








So there we are, one step in the right direction? I think so! The baseboards really added that something special look! Now we are waiting for the fabric... not to oversell it but it's possibly the most amazing fabric ever! I'm not overly good with photo shop but I wanted to show you all the vision I have for this wall and it's something you can do too... and I want to show you. Ready?



Wow, that turned out better than expected.  Probably won't be glowing, because that might not look so good and would make me wonder about the origins of the fabric. As soon as that fabric shows up you can expect to learn how to make a fabric cork board! But until then, I've got some wonderful ideas for next week! -- ta ta for now!

Guy on the move gets updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. -- Why? It's because we are in absolute love with these days! We are perhaps having a dance party every time we load a post.... true story.



No comments:

Post a Comment