Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bling Bling Bubbles

With Easter just ending, and spring just beginning we got our first bout of warm weather since... well... September. I love winter, naturally being Canadian I think you almost have to, unless you like to complain for 8 months of the year. But this one felt longer than normal. The warm weather came as a wonderful surprise, and with this warm weather I knew I had to take advantage of it. So what did I do? I decided it was high time to paint that frame solid gold baby! And add some bling bling to the apartment.


So I taped... and I taped...


And I taped some more. The frame was pretty tarnished, dinted and scratched so I put on a lovely primer prior to starting my experiment... While spray painting I fell in love with the gold, it was lively, a lot more potent and I liked the overall texture of the spray paint. It just turns out the spray paint didn't love me:

 
 
Because it started to bubble all through the frame. Sad by the not so successful first time I was boggled and searching for answers on the internet. Turns out, there was a good chance that it was too cold to apply the spray paint. My excitement for summer has blinded me. So I placed it on the wall as is for now until some warmer weather comes up and all is well again in the world. Of course after such a travesty happened I decided to go on a bit of a shopping spree to ease my pain. I purchased most of the frames for the wall and some wonderful decorative accents.
 
So this is what it looked like before:
 
 


And this lady's and gents is progress:

 
 

If you're anything like me this is the "eeeeee" moment, when you realize that you can start to see the finished product. But also if you're like me then you really want to finish it now (really, you want to finish it tomorrow) But I shall be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment