Friday, November 25, 2011

Gold ribbons a new!

Happy Friday everyone! It feels like Christmas is just right around the corner *peaks around corner* oh there it is! I’m sure all of you (myself included) are overwhelmed with excitement about the coming holiday season! As we got to see a few days ago in my mishap with my under estimate of lights (Check it out! Click here!) I had after a rough weekend rummaging up the right deals... in my frugal price range finally began (that’s right it’s only the beginning!) to complete the process of decorating my ever so thrifty tree find (130$! 70% off at the bay only a few weekends ago! Check that post here!) So after much decided, I decided I wanted to add a touch of class to my room with some dark silvers light golds with some mystical sprigs of twigs and whimsical ribbon flowing everywhere.... with the perfect amount of treats nestled gently under the tree (I almost feel like I should put in some “t’was the night before Christmas in there”)
So after adding all the lights... I took a few pictures and left it up for a few days just to have that feel of satisfaction (check out what the room looked like before the holidays.... click here!) Here are some very romantic pictures of the tree... and yes I was in the back drinking starbucks once more!

After some hard searching.... and a bit of TLC I got the tree on the way, putting on  my favourite Christmas CD and having a holiday eggnog I began to throw layer upon layer of decoration. Now first things first, I believe the best way to decorate your tree is to use colours of similar tone, to decorate with random patterns keeping things in uneven pairs (a cardinal design rule) so lets take a look at some ideas.

Please feel free to insert the “awws” here (secretly I love them). The hardest part was replicating the top of the blue tree that I had shown you before but as always a quick walk over to Michaels (and a 50% off coupon) my dream came to reality.
But still even after all the work that we’ve all put in, it still feels like the tree might be missing a little something... until I finally find out what that is I’ll just continue to write out Christmas cards, and wrap presents! See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment