Monday, November 14, 2011

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

This morning when I woke up the first thing that came to my mind was how grateful I was for things in my life. My favourite season is about to befall us, Christmas has been a huge deal in my family for generations, we anxiously await it’s arrival and sadly watch it come and go every year. One thing I always remember is my mom’s amazing cooking, pastries, cookies, pies and tarts lined the white pressed linen table cloth in dishes of the most pristine white. Over in the corner you can see the family bustling over board games (scatagories is the game to try!) while we all laugh, eat and be merry.
You’re probably asking me why right now (mid November) am I bring up the holiday season... it’s not only because this year I got a good jump on the Christmas shopping. But because right now in the middle of this fine November it has decided to snow....

Of course like many things the snow has given an even bigger build to the excitement that special day and deep down somewhere halfway across our amazing country my mom is looking out her window at this same time in beautiful anticipation as her lawn gets covered in the white blanket.

One last thing.... I did do it, against what everyone wanted. That’s right, I like the holiday department stores had some festive music this morning while I sipped on my coffee as I walked to the way. Let me be the first to say it to all of you.
Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment