Monday, November 7, 2011

My Fair Curtains

A few weeks ago I had this crazy idea to personalize my curtains. I wasn’t sure how at the time, I just knew that I wanted them to echo the French modern theme that now had become my room! So Rhys, Karen and myself went to brain storming our great ideas.... it had to be cheap, easy and really flavourful.

I find the best way to be creative is to take a picture of what you have, take it out of the space you are decorating and just look at it whenever and something amazing will come to you. I kept thinking of lines, symmetry (and for some reason the black and white scene of my fair lady).

So what I did is simply add ribbon to the window treatments using easy sow tape (the type you iron) which only cost 3.99 an the ribbon of 2.99 for 9.1 meters. I matched the ribbon up to the chairs (which you can see here) and wanted something that echoed the bed spread as well (which you can see here) let me show you the simple steps I did to bring life to the drapery.
First step is to cut the pieces of fabric to size with matching easy sow tape then to iron the tips so they are folded inward (to give a more seamless look) then pull off the tape and begin to iron tape side down to the curtain:

Iron all the way down to completion, once finished let it set (or it will come off, I learnt the hard way) for five to ten minutes. Repeat on other curtain.

Having a flashback to the earlier my fair lady picture yet? So after some simple hard work and a pit of ironing... as I was never much of a wiz when it came to sowing I have to admit easy sow tape can save a lot of trouble. Enjoy the after pictures.




In case you're just joining us, guyonthe-move is updated every Monday, Wednesday, and friday with thrifty fun and easy ideas to keep your home looking modern and chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment