Monday, November 21, 2011

Let's be Merry!

I’m usually ahead of the Christmas game by about 4 weeks every year. Yes, I have already completed a good portion of my Christmas shopping... yes I’ve already started to do some light holiday baking but the thing that I do that is most unique is set up my Christmas tree about 2 weeks before most. I’m sure most of you remember my trip to The Bay where I found that amazing Christmas tree for a fraction of the original price? I may have put it up... and by “may” I mean did.
I’ve been so excited seeing it in the box that I could no longer wait to see it up and in action... and to my delight it was better than anything I could have expected! The tree branches are full all the way through to the center of the tree (which after my Wal-mart tree a few years back is very exciting!).
After a few hours of setting up the Christmas tree I realized that I needed to go and get some Christmas lights to perfect this Christmas tree... off I went to the only place that had Christmas lights on sale (remember the rules? On sale, Discount, or second hand) I got them for a wooping 60% off – by total luck of course – now the basic rule for trees is for every foot of tree you need 100 lights, so a 7.5 tree would need 750 lights. I being frugal and thinking that seemed over the top purchased 650 lights... and this is what happened.
So it looks like I’ll have to wait till I can get back to Sears to complete my tipped tree OR maybe I just started a new style!
From our -30 to yours! Lets start a creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment