Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A November (or Movember) to remeber!

What an amazing month it has been! What large accomplishments... it’s always amazing to me what a little bit of TLC and some frugal shopping can accomplish. Let’s take a look at our month together projects big and small!
The first is probably the biggest accomplishment of all, the overall transformation of a room from messy and chaos to downtown vintage fabulous! I absolutely love the space now, it’s so clean and modern  but has that homey feel that we all long for. From the 1970 styled night stand re vamp (a total cost of 79.00!) or even the awesome value of the bed spread and sheets (a find that cost under 100$) it’s been quite an accomplishment.
Before:

After:


One of my most favourite inspired ideas was the “My Fair Lady Curtains” which – yes you guessed it – were inspired by none other than the famous movie! The before picture of the curtain (while it still looks nice and clean) seemed to lack the pow factor that we wanted (that and who doesn’t like thinking of Audrey Hepburn every day?).

With a little bit of thinking (and the lack of a sewing machine) we put together a creative idea using ribbon and iron on glue! A 20$ task that gave the curtains a custom designer look!

By far the biggest project of the month was the “Wall O’ Memories” where we tackle the city (possibly even coupons) to get the best deals on some frames to create a nostalgic wall to help keep the memory alive of family back home (and what better time to do it than right before Christmas?)
Although we are a frugal blog (mostly discussing our savings and our frugality... I kind of love that word) we do occasionally make expensive purchases... yes I am guilty of indulging in a vintage designer sculptura rotary phone... but I must admit, fake answering it (Are you there God?) has been the highlight of my month (well that and when I slipped on the ice singing jingle bells... or as it went when I was walking ... jingle beeeeellllllsss---aaaahhhhhhhhaaaaa)
And last but not least, the special Christmas tree that I was able to get my hands on! 70% off to boot! Now that’s saving!
Wow, what a month! Well, to all of you who are getting ready for the Christmas season.... making your cookies and wrapping your gifts. Let’s make this the best Christmas season together!

No comments:

Post a Comment