Wednesday, November 2, 2011

60 days in passing

It’s been a few days over 60 now and I was just thinking as I lay in my bed (new sheets and all) that the room has went through an amazing change and I wanted to show you just how amazing that change is! As the fall leaves change, and Starbucks rolls out its Christmas settings and holiday drinks I think of how grateful I am (as opposed to thanksgiving this year where I just felt full).
It’s hard to believe just a bit over two months ago I didn’t even have curtains or pillows, let alone even the slightest idea of what I was going to do with my room. It was what I like to call a “messy delight”.

Then slowly after that we go through the phase of hiding the mess. Like to chipmunks at their best Karen and I ran around storing our nuts (clothes and makeup) for the winter. With that comes the saying “how much can a blanket hide?

Not to worry, it was only 2 weeks later at the blessed Urban Barn that we found these fabulous mark down bedding sets! To which I do believe the sales clerk shuttered when I squealed (glitter cloud to follow). So with that I instantly ran home and through the new bedding set over top of the bed in one seamless realization of what the lovely room could become. Not just a room, but a space that fit both my personal and entertaining needs!


Once we had found the perfect night stands the room started to roll right along, well that was until we started looking for chairs to go around the bistro table (the worst/but hardest find in the history of my decorating life) with that some TLC went into those projects eh voila! A perfect matching set!



After that everything started to fall nicely together, now the room has flow (a new set or curtains from the old ones, a great smell (cini-berries) and a really cool clean feeling! –Almost uplifting-

With one quick glance all the hard work of a few months can be drawn out at a glance, it’s a modern yet, lovely feel, which as soon as the chairs cure I’m looking forward to hosting my first girl party to discuss some wonderful things. The key here is to complete the room because... well folks... Christmas is coming and Santa will want to take a good look at what lovely things in a bedroom downtown on Christmas eve.

For those of you who are just joining us guyonthe-move is updated every monday, wednesday and friday with fantastic tips and cool tricks to keeping your home modern at a frugal price!

2 comments:

  1. love it. very peaceful and calm looking. love the comforter/duvet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) it's a great place to retreat from the big city!

    ReplyDelete